Stiftung Ethereum, the Zug, Switzerland-based Ethereum Foundation –ethereum.org, is seeking to immediately fill the Executive Director position within the Foundation.
The role involves defining and discharging the day-to-day business of the Foundation and leading the organization at the executive level. The successful candidate will have significant experience in corporate finance activities and/or operations. A technical (software, hardware, math, sciences) background is advantageous but not necessary.
The ability to effectively operate in Switzerland and globally is essential and the successful candidate will need to either live full time in Switzerland or spend a majority of her/his time there.
- Experience in building or running a foundation is a plus.
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency space is strongly desired but not essential.
- The desire to creatively and energetically work to define emerging decentralized online economic and social systems is a critical requirement.
- The Director will interact with and support several Ethereum divisions that are engaged in software development, communications and community outreach activities.
- The Director will oversee operations in subsidiary divisions, further refining which activities properly belong at the Foundation level and which at the operating company level.
- The Director will be supported by staff already in place and with the possibility of hiring additional consulting professionals who have shepherded Ethereum through local and global business environments.
- The Director will work closely with Ethereum's local and global legal counsel, accounting and human resources firms.
- Coordination of activities with local and global organizations like CoinCenter, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), the Cryptocurrency Research Group (CCRG), self-regulatory bodies and traditional regulatory bodies can be expected to be part of the portfolio.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send letters of interest and CV in to firstname.lastname@example.org