When we asked many of you, “What are you most excited for at Devcon4?” most people replied: the people! This is the one time a year we all get together in one place. We don’t want to spend all of our time at Devcon sitting in a dark room, staring in silence at a person on a stage – we want to see, meet and talk with each other.
In that spirit, we’re designing the programming and environment of Devcon4 to provide the time and space for all of us to make new connections – between people and ideas. This is a chance for us to ask each other the most important questions and dive deep into the toughest challenges (and exciting opportunities!) facing Ethereum today.
So we’re going to experiment with more participatory programming at Devcon4 this year!
Here are three ways you can apply to participate in Devcon4:
- Give a presentation: This is self-explanatory. ;) Give a 5-minute lightning talk or a 20-minute presentation on the topic of your choice.
- Lead a workshop: Teach people to do something. Over the course of 2 hours, participants should “get their hands dirty,” whether writing code or learning to tell stories.
- Host a breakout room: Be creative and come up with your own programming for Devcon4! Host dapp design critiques, facilitate a conversation, do live security reviews, [enter your awesome idea here]
When you apply, we ask that you connect your session to one of six core themes:
- Scalability: How can we scale Ethereum in a secure, decentralized, and trustless manner in order to achieve mass adoption?
- Security: How can we ensure the safety of user data and funds?
- Privacy: How can we empower users to be in control of their own data?
- Developer Experience: How can we make developing for Ethereum simple, extensible, and fun?
- UX & Design: How can we create a more intuitive, usable and delightful experience for our users?
- Society & Systems: Why do we BUIDL? How will this technology change our societal systems, and the people within them? (To be clear: this is also a bit of a “catch all” theme for governance, cryptoeconomics, social impact, memes, etc.)
If you want to talk about your specific dapp or protocol, please do so in the context of one of these shared topics. How have you identified or solved a common problem? How can your work benefit the rest of our community?
With ~3000 participants and only so much time, we expect applications for participation to be highly competitive this year. Please buy your tickets ahead of time in the chance that your submission isn’t accepted so that you don’t miss out on getting a ticket to Devcon4! We will process a refund for anyone who purchases a ticket and then qualifies for a complimentary pass.
Please help us create a Devcon4 experience in the spirit of these values:
- Participatory: We are all creating the Ethereum ecosystem together and Devcon4 should reflect that. In addition to educational talks, Devcon4 should provide opportunities for participants to contribute to the broader conversation and share information with one another.
- Educational: As the only EF-hosted event, Devcon4 is a chance for our community to learn directly from the leaders of the Ethereum ecosystem. Participants should learn things they couldn’t learn anywhere else.
- Fun: The number one reason why people come to Devcon is to see one another! Let’s create a uniquely “Ethereum” family reunion for our community.
Visit https://devcon4.ethereum.org/call-for-participation to learn more and apply!