- Successful R&D workshop on future beacon chain upgrades
- Staking community grants announced
- Quick plug for my State of Eth2, Jan 2021 post
Eth2 Workshop: Eth1+Eth2 Merge and Sharding
Last week, the EF eth2 research team hosted an online workshop focused on the two major upgrades slated for the beacon chain -- the eth1+eth2 merge and sharding.
Client devs -- both eth1 and eth2 -- and researchers from across the stack joined to listen for a dynamic set of presentations, Q&A, and discussions. This session -- including talks by Dankrad, Vitalik, Mikhail, and Guillaume -- was all live streamed and is available for your consumption!
- An introduction to Kate polynomial commitments -- Dankrad
- The design of the committee-based sharding implementation -- Vitalik
- The design of the executable beacon chain -- Mikhail
- An introduction to the merge eth1-engine Catalyst -- Guillaume
Staking community grants announcement
Just a quick plug for all the grants announced this week for the Staking Communty Grants round. This was a huge success that featured many great projects!
I'm very excited to watch the Ethereum staking ecosystem continue to blossom 🌸.
State of Eth2, Jan 2021
I wrote a big post about the eth2 project stands at the start of 2021 (from my perspective).
It's still relevant. Check it out here 🚀